Thursday, November 21, 2013

Published a fiction novel about IA/OPS


For the past year I’ve been busy writing a fiction novel about Internal Affairs cases, along with my full schedule of training, audits and expert witness work.  This book has allowed me to discuss issues in a way that’s difficult when I’ve written professional journal pieces.  It’s pretty raw and rather uncensored.  I see that it’s already on the Ebook sites.  The print version should be out next week and it’ll be available from patc.com.

Broken Badges: cases from Police Internal Affairs Files

IA/OPS functions get a pretty bad rap in the movies and TV.  Maybe this can help those of us who know the value of our task and respect the stakeholders – citizens, cops, agency and the community they all have to live in.

If you like what I’ve been doing these past several months on this blog, I think you’ll like the book.  A quick, engrossing read!  And if you like it, give it a good rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment